(In rereading this entry before posting, I realize it's a bit disjointed and hops all over the place...I apologize for that, but it's the way my brain seems to be functioning these days!)
A quick wrap-up of the past few weeks and days (I think I'm addicted to bullets):
- First off, I'd like to thank princessjune and winterlillies for making me smile with their adorable LJ gifts! Thank you, ladies! ♥
- Despite the bit of "negativism" that occurred a few weeks back that bade me request your prayers (and it is still on-going), things have been pretty good. I'm trying to trust that the prayers of our friends are working, and that things will right themselves (i.e., not worry/stress out).
- It's saddening to see how slow LJ has become in recent months (years?). I miss all the activity and icons! :(
- For whatever reason, I've been on a Emma kick. I'm not exactly sure what made me start fiddling with the screencaps again, but a month or so ago I started making a batch of icons, which put me in the mood to rewatch the Kate Beckinsale adaptation, which in turn led to a (yet another) reread of the book. I'd forgotten how peaceful and reassuring the world JA created there can be, and it's the perfect summer read; replete with strawberries.
- Speaking of perfect for summer, I've joined the ranks as a convert and fan of She & Him. (This one I can blame on sakka!) ;D Their two albums will be joining the ranks of my "summer playlists" beside Leigh Nash, who was my summer soundtrack for last year.
- Slow as always to the music front I may be, but does anyone else enjoy Colbie Caillat? I only discovered her because they play her a lot on the radio at work, and I found myself enjoying several of her songs. THIS song in particular is glued to the insides of my cranium. Tell me others have been beguiled by her embodiment of summer; soothing voice, romantic themes, and softly country-esque melodies?
- What books represent summer to you? It could be a book you read one summer and look back fondly on the experience, or a book that summarily describes what summer means to you.
- What music embodies summer to you? Are there certain songs/albums/artists that make you feel "summer-y"?